Michael Fassbender pulls double duty in his new film Alien: Covenant. Not only does he reprise his role as David, the uncanny android who really messes things up in Prometheus, but he also portrays Walter, a new and improved version of the former. We sat down with Michael (and director Ridley Scott) to get the details on how he managed those scenes with himself and mastered those two instruments. Hint: it involves a lot of careful choreography . . . and some slapping.
Daily Archive: May 19, 2017
NEW YORK — A man who was behind the wheel of a car that barreled through crowds of pedestrians in Times Square told police after his arrest that he had been smoking marijuana laced with the hallucinogenic drug PCP, according to a criminal complaint.
The post Times Square driver wanted to ‘kill them all’–prosecutors appeared first on Inquirer News.
No man (or woman) is an island in Zadok Ben-David’s sculpture – more than 3,000 miniature figures cut from thin metal sheets.
Image Source: Getty / Pascal Le Segretain
It seems like Amandla Stenberg has grown up in front of our eyes. The 18-year-old Everything, Everything star earned a legion of fans when she played Rue in the blockbuster film adaption of the Hunger Games book series back in 2012, but these days, Amandla can be found educating her generation about cultural appropriation and advocating for more women of color in front of and behind the camera in Hollywood. We’re sure this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as her accomplishments go, so you’ll definitely want to get to know her now. Read on for 11 fun facts about Amandla.
- She is pansexual. After initially coming out as bisexual, Amandla told Elle she considers herself pansexual because the word is inclusive of transgender people.
- She appeared in Beyoncé’s Lemonade visual album. You can catch a glimpse of Amandla in the project alongside Zendaya and Oscar nominee Quvenzhané Wallis.
- Amandla went to her high school prom with Jaden Smith. The adorable duo posed for photos on Instagram, and Amandla called Jaden a “gentleman” by the end of the evening.
- Her mother is African-American and her father is of Danish descent.
Image Source: Getty / Mike Windle
- Her name, Amandla, means “strength” and “power” in Zulu. Her mother named her after the 1989 Miles Davis album of the same name.
- She can sing and she’s also a violinist. Amandla released two EPs with Zander Hawley under their band name, Honeywater.
- She’s an ambassador for No Kid Hungry, the nonprofit organization which brings awareness to ending child hunger in the United States.
Image Source: Getty / John Sciulli
- Amandla is a comic book author. In 2015, she released Niobe: She Is Life #1, the first book from her fantasy trilogy series about a black girl elf vying to “unite the human world and the elf world.”
- She will take a year off before attending college. “I definitely want to take a gap year and have that time to explore and find myself,” she told Elle.
- Amandla is currently dating 21-year-old director Tucker Tripp, whom she met on the set of a Blood Orange music video.
- She realized she was a feminist early on in life. “I first identified as a feminist in eighth or ninth grade,” Amandla told Bust in 2016.
LTO: Motorcycle drivers, diri na pwed magpa-angkas hin bata tinikanagn yana nga adlaw Subscribe to the ABS-CBN News channel! – http://bit.ly/TheABSCBNNews Visit our website at http://news.abs-cbn.com
Nueva Vizcaya police, handang ipatupad ang anti-distracted driving law Subscribe to the ABS-CBN News channel! – http://bit.ly/TheABSCBNNews Visit our website at http://news.abs-cbn.com
The $65-billion Ponzi scheme run by Wall Street luminary Bernie Madoff claimed many victims.
Widows, in-laws and even Holocaust survivors were bilked out of their life savings in one of the largest financial frauds in U.S. history.
When Madoff was thrown in prison in 2009, the media and public…
Ipinasasara ng MMDA sa LTFRB ang dalawang bus terminals sa Quezon City. Dahil ito sa ilang paglabag na nakita sa mga terminal na ito. I-Bandila mo, Bettina Magsaysay. – Bandila, Biyernes, 19 Mayo, 2017 Subscribe to the ABS-CBN News channel! – http://bit.ly/TheABSCBNNews Visit our website at http://news.abs-cbn.com
Muli na naman binanatan ng Pangulo ang mga human rights advocates. Ang kanyang banta: Pupugutan umano sila ng ulo kasabay ng mga durugista. Ikinaalarma ito ng mga human rights advocates. Panawagan nila, sana maging mas maingat ang pananalita ang pangulo. I-Bandila mo, Mike Navallo. – Bandila, Biyernes, 19 Mayo, 2017 Subscribe to the ABS-CBN News channel! – http://bit.ly/TheABSCBNNews Visit our website at http://news.abs-cbn.com
The Cannes Film Festival is underway, and we’ve already been treated to some serious bombshell moments from stars like Natalie Portman, Emily Ratajkowski, Jessica Chastain, and Rihanna (oh yeah, and some great movies, too). While the red carpet has been full of artfully posed glamour girls and over-the-top style, there have also been a handful of fun, unexpected interactions between costars and unguarded moments in front of photographers. Keep reading to see all the best candids from Cannes!