MANILA, Philippines — The town of Binangonan in Rizal province has recorded its first confirmed case of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Binangonan Mayor Cesar Ynares on Thursday said the town’s first confirmed case is a 44-year-old Filipino female who had traveled to Zamboanga and Davao City.
She is a resident of St. Monique Subdivision in Brgy. Pantok in Binangonan.
The patient was tested for the virus after experiencing symptoms that lasted for a few days, Ynares added.
She is currently confined to a private hospital in the town and is now in stable condition.
Ynares assured that disinfection is ongoing in different areas in Binangonan, especially in the area where the patient resides.
The subdivision where the patient is a resident of will be under strict monitoring by the police and the local government to ensure the safety and security of its residents, the town mayor said.
“Nais naming ipaalala sa lahat na mag-ingat, at iwasan ang paglabas sa inyong mga tahanan kung hindi naman kinakailangan,” Ynares said in a statement on Thursday. (We are reminding all to take care and not to go out if not needed)
“Makakaasa po kayo na lalo naming paiigtingin ang pagbabantay para sa ating lahat gayundin ang seguridad ng bawat isa katuwang ang lahat ng ating mga frontliners na walang sawang ginagampanan ang kanilang tungkulin para sa ating lahat,” he added. (You can depend on us to keep watch on all and to secure all frontliners who are doing their duties for all of us)
OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF BINANGONANIkinalulungkot naming ipaalam sa inyo na mayroon nang isang (1)…ADVERTISEMENT
There are so far 636 persons in the country who are confirmed to have COVID-19, with 38 deaths and 26 recoveries.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.