Chinese hotel guest in Subic test positive for coronavirus

thumbnail

SAN ANTONIO, ZAMBALES—A 29-year-old Chinese national who arrived at Subic Bay Freeport a month ago tested positive for SARS Cov2, the virus that causes COVID-19, authorities said on Friday (Aug. 7).

Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) Chief Wilma Eisma said that the patient, who was staying in a hotel, showed no symptoms and had no history of travel to infected places or contact with any infected person upon his arrival.

ADVERTISEMENT

Eisma said the patient submitted himself to testing as part of his travel requirements.

He is now quarantined while the hotel he was staying in has been decontaminated and will undergo extensive disinfection.

FEATURED STORIES

The free port now has two guests who had been infected with coronavirus.

TSB

Read Next

EDITORS’ PICK

MOST READ

Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
Back To Top