OLONGAPO CITY, Zambales, Philippines — The family of businessman Dominic Sytin, who was shot dead in Subic Bay Freeport last year, has offered a P6-million reward for any information that will lead to the arrest of his younger brother, Dennis Sytin, and another suspect.
Col. Jean Fajardo, chief of the Pampanga Police Provincial Office and a member of the task force looking into the businessman’s killing, said P4 million had been put up for the arrest of Dennis, while another P2 million had been offered for the capture of Oliver Fuentes alias Ryan Rementilla.
Investigators have turned to the public for information on the whereabouts of the two suspects. Fajardo said information on them could be relayed through the telephone number 0995-9253381 or 0908-3662321.
“We will treat as confidential any piece of information that we will receive in connection with the whereabouts of the two suspects,” Fajardo said.
Dominic, 51, president and founder of United Auctioneers Inc., was killed on Nov. 28 last year by a lone gunman in front of a hotel inside the Subic Bay Freeport.
A few months later, his supposed assassin, Edgardo Luib, was arrested in Batangas province. Luib implicated Fuentes and identified Dennis as the one who ordered the hit on the businessman. Dennis, however, denied this and said he did not know Luib.
On Aug. 7, Judge Richard Paradeza of the Olongapo City Regional Trial Court Branch 72 issued a hold departure order against the two suspects.
Paradeza, in July, also ordered the arrest of Dennis and Fuentes. —JOANNA ROSE AGLIBOT
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.