MANILA, Philippines — Parts of Metro Manila roads including Edsa are scheduled to be closed over the weekend to pave the way for repairs and reblockings, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said Friday.
In a traffic advisory, the MMDA said the following road portions will be closed from 11 p.m. on Friday (Oct. 18) until 5 a.m. on Monday (Oct. 21):
- Edsa Camp Crame to after Annapolis Street (beside MRT-3)
- Edsa before Estrella (outer lane)
- Edsa Panorama building to Bansalangin Street (1st lane from sidewalk)
- G. Araneta T. Arguelles to Bayanin (1st lane from sidewalk)
- Quirino Highway Quezon City King Fisher to Belfast (inner lane)
- General Luis Street Rebisco Road to SB Road
- Elliptical Road after Maharlika Street (6th lane from outer sidewalk)
- A. Bonifacio Ave. J. Pineda Street to Marvex Street (2nd lane from sidewalk)
- Edsa after Aurora Boulevard to New York Street (3rd lane from sidewalk)
- Katipunan Avenue/C-5 after CP Garcia Street (truck lane)
- Edsa near NIA South Road (3rd lane from the sidewalk)
The MMDA advise motorists to use alternate routes and avoid the affected areas.
It also assured that the said roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. Monday. /jpv
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.