HomeTopNews Philippines

No Filipinos hurt in deadly Iran quake – DFA

MANILA, Philippines — No Filipinos were among the casualties in the deadly 5.9 magnitude earthquake that hit Iran Friday morning, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.

In a statement, the DFA said the Philippine Embassy in Tehran has contacted the Filipino community in Tabriz City to ascertain the safety and situation of around 32 Filipino nationals residing in the area.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ: Iran 5.9 magnitude earthquake kills at least 5, injures 120 

This after the quake in the East Azerbaijan province in Iran which reportedly killed at least five and injured 120 others.

FEATURED STORIES

“So far, there is no report of Filipinos among those affected by the deadly earthquake,” the DFA said.

“The DFA stands ready to provide assistance to any affected kababayan,” it added.

Read Next

LATEST STORIES

MOST READ

Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com