HomeTopNews Philippines

Palace: Let SC resolve Marcos poll protest vs Robredo

MANILA, Philippines — The Duterte administration would abide by the Supreme Court decision on the poll protest filed by losing vice presidential candidate Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos against Vice President Ma. Leonor “Leni” Robredo, Malacañang said Tuesday.

“As we have repeatedly said, we never interfere with the function and duty and work of any co-equal branch as well as independent constitutional bodies. So, we’ll leave it at that,” presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a Palace briefing.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We’ll just wait. Let the parties argue their case in court and the PET will have to render its decision,” Panelo added.

READ: Palace hands off PET deliberation on Marcos vs Robredo

FEATURED STORIES

Panelo issued the statement on the day the SC, sitting as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal, ordered the release of the report on the initial recount of votes on Marcos’s poll protest against Robredo.

READ: SC allows release of initial recount result on Marcos poll protest

Marcos, a known ally of President Rodrigo Duterte, lost to Robredo in the 2016 national elections by about 280,000 votes.

He then filed an election protest, claiming he had been robbed by about four million votes.

/atm

ADVERTISEMENT

Read Next

LATEST STORIES

MOST READ

Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com