INQUIRER FILE PHOTO
MANILA, Philippines — Parts of several major thoroughfares in Metro Manila, including Edsa, will be closed to vehicular traffic starting Friday night until Monday morning to make way for road reblockings and repairs.
In a traffic advisory on Friday, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said the following roads will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday:
1. Edsa in front of Sojen and Chevrolet (5th lane from the sidewalk)
2. Edsa from Magallanes – Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes – Alabang Bus Stop (outer lane)
3. Edsa Eugenio Lopez – Sct. Borromeo (desilting and construction of manhole)
4. Katipunan Ave. from approach Boni Serrano Tunnel (truck lane)
5. Quezon City along Edsa southbound between West Avenue and Philam Village (restoration and concreting works)
6. Quirino Highway Theresa Heights and before Belfast (inner lane)
7. Elliptical Road before Commonwealth Ave. (7th lane from the outer sidewalk)
8. General Luis before Oriental Tin
9. Edsa before New York St. (1st lane from the sidewalk)
10. C-5 Road C.P Garcia approach to Kalayaan Ave. Ext.
Motorist are advised to avoid the affected areas and use alternative routes instead.
The MMDA assured that the said roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. Monday. /jpv
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.