ERIE, Pennsylvania — Investigators are blaming an electrical extension cord for a fire that killed five small children two months ago in Pennsylvania.
The investigative team said Thursday that the deadly August 11 fire at the Erie, Pennsylvania, home that included the Harris Family Daycare was an accident, caused by an electrical failure associated with the routinely used cord.
The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives announced the 1 a.m. blaze began in the first-floor living room.
The Erie Times-News said two older boys escaped with minor injuries by crawling onto a roof. The homeowner was injured and required hospital treatment.
Investigators searched the property and electrical items were examined at a bureau laboratory in Maryland. /kga
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.