It’s done. It’s finished. The biggest day in Australia for music – triple J’s Hottest 100 – is over for 2020, with Glass Animals taking out the top spot with ‘Heat Waves’.
It was a close race too, with only 350 votes separating victors Glass Animals and runners up Perth rockers Spacey Jane, with their #2 hit ‘Booster Seat’.
There were a few notable moments in yesterday’s countdown, such as one of the year’s biggest songs, WAP from Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion taking out number 6, Lime Cordiale absolutely slaying the countdown with a whopping five tracks and Mashd N Kutcher‘s ‘Get On The Beers’, featuring an infamous speech by Victorian Labour premier Dan Andrews, clocking into the count at #12.
But, despite the undeniable and colossal shitheap that was last year, 2020 also produced tons of good music – way more than 100 songs.
As always, triple j recognise this and are giving you the 100 songs that just missed out on the Hottest 100. The Hottest 200 is even more unpredictable than the Hottest 100, and last year Billie Eilish managed to top both countdowns.
And check out a wrap of yesterday’s count, right here.
So, ease your hangover with the countdown, and stay tuned here to see what song has the unfortunate fortune of the 101st spot.
Hottest 200 Of 2020 Milestones:
Hottest 200 of 2020 Countdown (Updated Live):
- 186. Nothing But Thieves – Is Everybody Going Crazy?
- 187. Glass Animals – It’s All So Incredibly Loud
- 188. Tones And I – Ur So F**kinG cOoL
- 189. Sly Withers – Cracks
- 190. Great Gable – All My Friends
- 191. Alice Ivy – Ticket To Heaven
- 192. MAY-A – Apricots
- 193. Alison Wonderland – Bad Things
- 194. Frank Ocean – Dear April
- 195. BENEE – Night Garden
- 196. Kanye West – Wash Us In The Blood
- 197. Big Sean – Wolves
- 198. Oliver Tree – Cash Machine
- 199. King Princess – Only Time Makes It Human
- 200. Tame Impala – Posthumous Forgiveness